Old October 3rd 05, 03:22 AM
Odysseus

Painius wrote:

"Hunt James" wrote in message...

I am looking for a map of our local galaxy, for want of a better term,
top down. I can't seem to find anything except one map from NASA
that has only 15 stars on it. Whilst I am unlikely to find one that has
all the stars named and to scale of the whole galaxy; I would like to
have a good sized area of galaxy to view.

Closest i have come to this is at this website, so...
happy hunting!

http://www.anzwers.org/free/universe/

Yes, one of my favourite sites.

In particular

http://www.anzwers.org/free/universe/milkyway.html

might be what James is looking for, although of course the scale is
too large to show individual stars or even clusters. But by "zooming
in" from there one can put the more detailed maps into context.

(BTW, please fix your sig-separator: it needs a space after the two hyphens.)

--
Odysseus