Old February 4th 15, 06:50 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
David Spain[_4_]

Default Fred Haise illness?

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 1:42:17 PM UTC-5, David Spain wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 9:19:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I worked with Fred Haise back at Grumman after he left NASA. He hosted the premier of the movie for a selected few of his co-workers. I was lucky enough to go. After the showing Fred turned to a bunch of us in the lobby and said, "That was Lovell's story...I wasn't that sick."

Maybe I just have a "contrarian" brain, but the thought that would have occurred to me in the Apollo 13 situation, like a scuba diver that explores underwater caves and finds himself stuck, that one single annoying thought, "Why, oh why did I work SO hard to get myself into this spot?"

Dave