Old October 2nd 03, 04:03 AM
Stuf4

Default Moon-Earth Question - Apollo Moon Mission

From Jay Windley:
"AstroMike" wrote in message
om...

| You might be able see something in this high resolution version.
|
| http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...-40-5924HR.jpg

Tried; couldn't. Can you make out any continents under the clouds?

No, I can't. But that angle with the LM gives a great feel for just
how high in the lunar sky the Earth was. I expect that there were few
times during EVA that Neil and Buzz ever saw the Earth unless they
deliberately tried.

(Most everyone here is probably aware that the position of the Earth
in the lunar sky stays constant for any particular landing site.
There is *no* earthrise or earthset. It just appears to hang there
permanently, day in day out, year in year out.)

~ CT