Old November 11th 03, 03:20 AM
Nasty Gash

Default Spectral Analysis

(Nasty Gash) wrote in message . com...
What would be required to do spectral analysis of stars, nebulae and
galaxies with an 8 inch SCT? What other equipment would be needed?
Anyone have links or other references?

Thanks

I should be a bit more specific...

I'm interested in studying the spectra (IR to UV or wherever a CCD or
vidicon is sensitive) of astronomical objects. What would I need to
build an inexpensive spectroscope that I could attach to my 8" SCT?
Would this scope even collect enough photons to render a usable image?
Is the resolution of a digital camera's CCD fine enough to discern
enough emission and absorption lines to make it worthwile?

Any comments will be appreciated.