Old May 7th 09, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M94

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I wanted to image something really bright with my QHY8 camera, so I chose
M94. Of course not all parts of M94 are bright, but the central part sure
is.
The result was OK, but I decided to use it as colour frame for a b/w image
that I have taken with my old C8.

So here they are, all were taken from my rooftop terrace in the central part
of Berlin:

QHY8 picture, 10" Meade ACF at 1600mm focal length on a G11 mount, 32x5
minutes:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M94-32x5gut.jpg

Old picture with C8 at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9 camera, 45x150 seconds:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/m94-45x150gut.jpg

Both combined to a LRGB:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M94combinegut.jpg

Stefan

Very good "hybrid" shot. I know a few imagers that have two scopes on
their mount. They use a one shot camera for color while the other is a
mono camera collecting lum data. It works rather well -- for them. Not
sure I could handle two cameras at once. I screw up enough with one!

The 8" lum had better seeing than my shot. I need to redo it under
better seeing and for more time. The outer ring was very noisy in my
shot as I didn't even realize it was there when planning my image. It
never registered on my film images.

Nothing but clouds last 5 months. This is our cloudy (little moisture)
season. All those galaxies and no skies to shoot them. What
frustration. Even this full moon has been clouded out.

Rick