Old December 11th 17, 08:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The Equation of Time(keeping)

A tour of London's museums is an eye-opener and especially the development of watches/clocks in the British Museum and the Science Museum. They were not just engineers, they were artists so seeing how they went from sundials/ water clocks through the golden era of horology in the 18th century is truly a journey of genuine achievement. I sometimes understand why the clockwork solar system colors so much of astronomy and how the engineering expertise was solely directed to creating clocks with a constant pace however the expertise to know the limits of timekeeping is simply not present to expand on topics that cannot wait for those chained to the clockwork solar system to die out.

I am correct in the matter of two distinct types of surface rotationS to the Sun creating both the seasons and the variations in the natural noon cycle with each surface rotation having their own distinct traits. It simply means that if daily rotation is subtracted, the entire surface of the Earth will still turn parallel to the orbital plane and once over the course of an orbit. It is also central to the Equation of Time which extracts daily rotation as a constant motion in context of the average 24 hour day and the Lat/Long system.

I also went to Westminster Abbey and saw the enormous memorial to Newton and that is dismaying given the influence he holds in Britain and elsewhere. It doesn't matter, although nobody I know could untangle the clockwork solar system from the antecedent astronomical methods and insights, I can - it is a God given gift. In that gift is a life that lives for others .