Old November 19th 03, 05:47 AM
Abdul Ahad

Default Space channels on UK satellite TV

Hi,
Can someone recommend me a UK satellite TV station/channel equivalent
to NASA TV which broadcasts space updates in real time? Is there an
*exclusive* space channel like 'Sky digital' which relays space news
24 hours a day?

With a solid line up of planetary exploration missions coming up over
the next year, I was hoping to stay 'in the picture'. Exciting line
up: Mars Express will lower Beagle 2 lander onto the Martian surface
at Isidis Planitia in the early hours of X-Mas day (Dec 25th) ... then
Stardust will collect its first samples from Comet Wild 2 on January
3rd ... NASA's first rover MER-A (Spirit) will bounce onto Gusev
crater on January 4th... MER-B (Opportunity) descend onto Meridiani
Planum in late January 2004... Cassini-Huygens inserted into Saturn
orbit in July 2004... and so on. Quite a line up!

Thanks.
Abdul Ahad