Old August 26th 03, 10:49 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Modelling a BeanStalk

Ian Stirling :

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:
Ok, I decide to bite the bullet and model a BeanStalk to see how much
material it needs depending on strength and density. The Code is not
finished but I will post it here as soon as it is done. My problem is
finding a table of diffirent materials, thier strength under tension in
Pascals/cm^2 and density.

When I do a Google search all I keep finding is classes on material

strength.
Can anyone supply me with a good URL, or a better set of search terms

than
"materials, strength, table, density"?

I first tried
kevlar gpa steel spectra
which turned up an interesting hit at http://www.islandone.org/
as the first hit.

IIRC, carbon nanotubes have a theoretical ultimate strength of around
230Gpa,
and a density of around 1.4.

Thanks alot. I did find some usefull tables with your search terms.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to