Old November 5th 08, 07:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default We're stuck between BARACK !

On Nov 5, 12:34*pm, "Michael Tee" wrote:
..and hard place...

Let's be real. No administration has the power to make the economy
good or bad by themselves. It is up to our own efforts whether we win
or lose. Under Republicans we usually lose, at least those of us who
make less than $1million takehome pay. Even though they claim to be
for small government, they tend to run up the deficits left and right
by sending our tax dollars to wealthy corporations, especially
military contractors who get lucrative no-bid contracts by being
buddies with members of the administration. This happened under Reagan
(huge deficits) and Busch (historically highest deficits ever!).

I run a small corporation with 18 employees, and have concerns about
the high cost of health care, which the past 8 years of Republican
control has not adressed even once. These costs make our products less
and less competitive on the world market. My fellow small business
owners here in our city have told me that they always make more money
when the Democrats are in power, yet they cannot bring themselves to
ever vote for one. This year was different. We have all had enough. I
lost tons of money in my retirement account thanks to Enron, Worldcom
and now the meltdown on Wall Street - all run by outstanding examples
of conservative CEOs. I am not stupid enough to keep doing the same
thing over and over and expecting a different result. My tax
accountant looked over the tax plans of the two candidates and said
our company and our employees would be better off under the Democratic
plan, counting everything on the table. I am very positive on the
future, for the first time in a long, long time.

UncaRollo