Old September 12th 06, 05:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.optics,alt.lasers,sci.astro.ccd-imaging,sci.image.processing
Karsten Schulz

Default Program for getting line-outs from web cam images

hi,

u can try my software to gain contours or other
characters www.kahnsoft.de.vu

greetings
Karsten Schulz

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
Hello all,

I have tried searching the newsgroups for my question, with no luck.
Though that certainly doesn't mean I didn't miss something. At my old
lab we had a frame grabber card that allowed us to make contour plots
of an image from a ccd camera. I would like to do something similar at
my new job for a demonstration and later for actual use. What we have
are some very nice web cams (Toucam II and StellaCam-EX) that I am
trying to use to image the focus of a HeNe laser. I have LabView
programs that will take a line-out along the x- and y-axis of the image
and fit that to a Gaussian. This is very useful when determining how
well a laser focuses. I am including the astronomy groups, because you
guys play with these cameras all of the time and I'm sure someone
needed to do something similar, like taking an image of a star to see
how well their telescope focuses.

Ultimately my problem is that the software that comes with both cameras
does not allow me to save in the format that I need and I was wondering
if there is software (freeware, shareware) that will alow me to save in
the needed format.

Thanks for the help

Kevin