Old July 6th 03, 06:38 AM
TangoMan

Default Only 33 billion for a space colony?? Thats only 15 B-2's!

"trakar" wrote in message
On 05 Jul 2003 16:11:01 GMT, "Jorge R. Frank"
wrote:

$33 billion in 1975 dollars equals $95 billion in 2003 dollars.

This is for a "big can" colony, however, I believe the estimates for
the stanford torus colonies would be much less.

I've seen reports that the cost of ISS has appraoched
$90 Billion. I've seen cost estimates all over the map
for ISS. Does anyone have a definititive number amd a source
they can point me to.

If the ISS did indeed cost $90 billion, then a rethink for
even a Stanford Torus is in order.

TangoMan