Old July 6th 12, 01:28 PM posted to sci.space.station
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Sea or land landings?

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

says...

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

It is. It's just never been done in the US before. Note that the
Russians have *always* landed on land.

That's not quite true. We did land 100+ shuttle flights on land.

True, X-38 and shuttle both land on runways. I should have specified
that the US has never done it with a manned capsule.

And Stardust and I believe some other missions have landed on land.

True. A few unmanned capsules have landed on land in the US.

Jeff

And in fairness Jeff, I was pretty sure you knew that. Just added more for
others reading along at home. :-)