Old July 8th 11, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 5189

Rick,

I used the SXV-H9 because I damaged the Atik 383 the night before... Quite a
bad timing to do that halfway through a Namibia visit...
I was very glad that I had been paranoic enough to take the old SXV-H9 with
me, otherwise I would have had to use a DSLR for the rest of the week...

Image scale is 0,57 arcseconds/pixel even with the reducer, so it didn't
seem too tempting for me to go without the reducer. I would have needed
subarcsecond seeing to make that work. And the FOV was already very small
with the reducer in place.

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ster.com...
On 7/4/2011 4:14 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Another PN imaged in Namibia, this time in the constellation of the fly.

NGC 5189
Date May 31 2011
Location Kiripotib, Namibia
Meade 14" ACF at 2340mm focal length (APCCDT67 reducer)
camera/filters SXV-H9, Baader LRGB 15x30 seconds each
mount/guiding MK100/OAG/Lodestar/AstroArt5

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp5/5189colourgut.jpg

Stefan

A bit too far south for me! It must be bright with only 30 second RGB
images. See you are using your old camera. 8300 might be too small pixel
for that scope. Seeing wasn't up to going full out without the reducer?
Don't know the sky down there. At 30 seconds was there any need to guide?
I rarely guide 10 minutes.

Weather has finally cleared here Clear Sky Chart is saying very good
seeing. So I hope to try for a tiny planetary at -10 tonight. Will need
0.5" pixels. Very hot here so won't be able to cool like I'd like. Hot
weather gives lousy transparency low but great seeing. Still, like this
one and the "bug" it is bright so hope I can pull it through the gunk.

Just added up my backlog. About 150 yet to process. Yikes.

Rick