Old November 21st 07, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default Astro - Comet Holmes - USM.jpg (1/1)

"Rick Johnson" wrote

They are only hinted at in my shot. I toyed with unsharp masking but
didn't push it like you did. Looks like I should have! I'll find the time
to go back and see what that does for me. Though the bow shock is well
out of my frame. I do need to get something with a shorter focal length!

Rick,

I bet that the same detail is in your data just waiting to be teased out!

Do you have a focal reducer? Or you could always go the mosaic route.
I've been toying with the idea of buying or building an 8-inch F/4 Newt with
coma reducer as a 'wide-field' imager and Milky Way scanner for visual use.
Vixen and Parks both sell 8" F/4's and Royce sells a cone-shaped primary.

George N