Old September 13th 04, 06:51 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:16:55 -0500
nightbat wrote:

nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:13:00 -0500
nightbat wrote:

nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

Ray
Well my idea of sci fi is the Hollywood type sci fi, ie unreal and
largely fantasy based. Which is why I said I don't like to link this
with sci fi. I do think there are merits in what Bostrom and the
rest put forward even if I find them strange or odd. This is not
what I would call sci fi but I accept others may disagree.

If and when I ever see the matrix Hollywood film I am sure I would
call it sci fi.

Sorry for any confusion.

nightbat

No confusion Ray, for I understand exactly that you would
prefer
sci fi being left out of real science based presentations but they are
now actually theoretically incorporating part of them and Hollywood
non distinguishing. The movie " The Matrix " was actually based on the
no evidence multiverse sci fi super string and M theory implying
parallel universe premise.

the nightbat

nightbat

Additional net link for those wishing a background on this
discussion.

See:
http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...ndex 925.html

Hope this article about cross discipline sci fi treatment by philosopher
Dr. Nick Bostrom attempts at hyper reality handling and Hollywood movie
basis presentation.

the nightbat