Old September 12th 04, 09:13 PM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:33:46 -0500
nightbat wrote:

nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

Ray
I must admit I don't like the sci fi link to this subject and I think
it is overplayed. I don't watch much sci fi, I only have access to three
tv channels and they are not that good for the serious documentary types
anymore. I have not seen the matrix and probably will not see it until
it is on one of the three channels and even then if there is something
better on, unlikely I know, I'll probably watch the other anyway.

nightbat
As soon as you hear multiverse, worm holes, time travel, black holes,
tears in the fabric of space time, etc. run, or sit back and laugh at
their sci fi hype. A serious scientist or researcher will explain
these misconceptions as pure fantasy, and only rely on mathematically
proofed or observed scientifically peer correlated presentations. The
black hole enigma or paradox alone has done more damage to folks minds
then ever anticipated by Dr. Einstein when first presented as an
curious mathematical anomaly. I have given the resolution over the net
science newsgroups to hopefully dispel its long apparent negative
effects on sensitive logical minds in search of the final answer or
solution. Sci fi is fine if labeled so, but not when it is passed off
as real, or as non theory based, and misreported as certified
respectable scientist approved to gullible impressionable minds.

I do think if you can break the sci fi link you can see that these are
serious people with serious ideas, even if they do seem outrageous at
first. I don't think this is sci fi. There are serious questions behind
this and serious attempts to offer an explanation.

Well just my thoughts anyway.

nightbat

Ray, you contradict yourself by saying " I do think if you can
break the sci fi link " you can see that " these are serious people with
serious ideas ", and then " I don't think this is sci fi ". And your
astute assessment " that there are serious questions behind this and
serious attempts to offer an explanation " is correct, but not as sci fi
dependent presented or no evidence contradictory ones.

Therefore, extremely seriously attempted imaginary sci fi is sci fi, not
evidence based science. Try not to let it confuse your apparent
questioning logical mind.

the nightbat