Old January 28th 07, 03:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. H. Greer

Default National Geographic - telescopes

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:45:21 -0500, "Alan French"
wrote:

Ancient Egypt is actually quite interesting.

Indeed it is. I even found the Egypt of the 1970s interesting.
There's a ship that's now a museum near your neck of the woods -- in
Buffalo. I was on that ship during the Suez Canal's re-opening
ceremony. It was an odd experience traveling through a desert on a
ship!

Astronomy: I once laid on the wood deck beneath the ship's six-inch
guns staring into a dark, night sky.
--
Bill
Celestial Journeys