Old July 20th 18, 02:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Blue Origin Test

In article , says...

Le 19/07/2018 à 11:14, Fred J. McCall a écrit*:
Blue Origin just successfully tested the escape system for their
manned capsule. They launched on a New Shepard rocket and then did a
high altitude escape maneuver with the capsule. The capsule hit
around 10g during the escape.

A typical person can handle about 5 G (49 m/s2) (meaning some people
might pass out when riding a higher-g roller coaster, which in some
cases exceeds this point) before losing consciousness, but through the
combination of special g-suits and efforts to strain muscles?both of
which act to force blood back into the brain?modern pilots can typically
handle a sustained 9 G (88 m/s2).

https://www.aviationcv.com/aviation-blog/2016/2721

An abort isn't "sustained".

At 10g this escape looks quite dangerous to me... specially for
civilians. But anyway, they paid for it isn't it? They would get quite a
lot of "g" sor their money.

The alternative is near certain death. Also, participants are informed
of the risk prior to signing the consent / waiver form.

Jeff