Old December 27th 14, 08:44 PM posted to sci.astro.research
stargene

Default Improved birthdate of the universe?

This seems an appropriate query for the 'birth' of a new year.

In early December, 2014, Nazzareno Mandolesi, the lead author of
the Planck Probe team announced that they now have a 'new and
improved' age for the universe, not to mention slightly older.
This is because they have fully parsed the complete Planck data
set, which was only partially done when they gave a best age of

~ 13.798 x 10^9 billion years

back in 2012 (?).

Presumably the paper will be "made public in late January".

But... like many of you, I follow these kinds of things closely,
and I can't wait! Soooo:

Has anybody out there had a peek at the brand new age value?!
Or do we all have to wait 'til late Jan.?

Cheers,
Mr. Hopeful