Old December 14th 14, 09:29 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Robert L. Oldershaw

Default Possible New Double-Pulsar With Low Mass Errors

On Friday, December 5, 2014 10:55:04 AM UTC-5, Craig Markwardt wrote:

Also, let's pretend that we have the basis to loosen standards and
allow +/- 0.01785 solar mass deviations from the model. That covers
0.01785*2/0.145 = 25% of the total possible range of deviations. I.e.
even if the theory is wrong, this error tolerance would declare
"theoretical victory" 25% of the time just by random chance. No
scientist I know would consider that an acceptable false positive
rate.

Using absolute mass values, rather than the relative mass values in my
12/4 post, gives the following results.

Predicted mass = 1.013374 solar mass

1.013374 sm/0.145 sm = 6.988786

Predicted - observed total mass of Solar System = 0.01203 solar mass.

Sun's mass is not a constant and the self-similar scaling parameters
are empirically-derived approximations.