Old September 13th 11, 05:16 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro,sci.environment,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
franklinhu

Default Another co-incidence? The Earth's magnetic shield.

On Sep 7, 3:50*am, "Giga2" "Giga2" just(removetheseandaddmatthe
wrote:
"At present, the overall geomagnetic field is becoming weaker; the present
strong deterioration corresponds to a 10-15% decline over the last 150 years
and has accelerated in the past several years; geomagnetic intensity has
declined almost continuously from a maximum 35% above the modern value
achieved approximately 2,000 years ago."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagn...e_of_the_geoma...

Could there be any connection, as well as correlation, between the reduced
magnetic field and increased co2 or warming? Or could all be caused by some
other factor, perhaps galactic in origin?

--

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts" Richard Feynman

"What's it gotta do with cloud feedbacks?" Giga2

I have speculated that there is a correlation between the magnetic
field and weather patterns. I have described that in my article
"Origin of the Earth's Magnetic Field"

http://franklinhu.com/earthmag.html

There is a correlation between climatic change and the magnetic field.
There is a fairly strong correlation with ice ages with flipping of
the Earth's poles. I believe this is due to wind patterns switching
from going primiarily west - east to east - west. There is evidence
that the winds primarily flowed east-west during the last ice age.
This changes the direction of charged particles in the atmosphere
which I believe are the drivers of the core magnetic field direction.
So it doesn't have anything to do with CO2, and may be galactic in
origin since the Earth goes in cyclic patterns around the Sun which
increase/decrease solar radiation which in turn radically alter
weather patterns on Earth.

-fhumag