Old September 10th 11, 09:32 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro,sci.environment,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Frisbieinstein

Default Another co-incidence? The Earth's magnetic shield.

On Sep 10, 2:46*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On Sep 8, 10:57*pm, Frisbieinstein wrote:

On Sep 9, 9:14*am, Brad Guth wrote:

There's no such thing as "magnetic field lines"

OK, but there is no such thing as numbers either.

You know what I mean, so stop being silly. *Numbers only exist in our
thoughts, and even at that as interpreted by ETs could be as
meaningless as numbers are to ants.

I'm not being silly. Numbers are a useful concept, magnetic lines of
force are a useful concept. So their level of "reality," whatever
that may be, seems to me to be about the same.

Does gravity have detectable lines of force? (I seriously don't think
so)

Sure it does, at least as detectable and real as magnetic ones.

Do photons actually move? (I'm not convinced, but at least I'm open
for whatever interpretations)

Speed of light, assuming photons "exist," which I don't personally
don't believe. They are a useful model in many situations.

*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”