Old November 30th 09, 02:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Default Why not send fungi into space

On Nov 22, 9:15*pm, wrote:
I wonder how much heat is underground in the moon, Mars &al.

How far down would we need to go to have comfortable temperatures?

I know in this environmental age, panspermia seems offensive, but if
life on solid earth was commenced by a few hardy fungi..

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - = -
*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm...k.com/vasjpan2
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Bugs and fungi within the moon is technically doable.

Its core isn't very massive, and it's an offset core by 10% radii.

The moon should also be at least 0.1% hollow.

Panspermia is most likely what seeded Earth, because most everything
out there is a hell of a lot older than Earth.

~ BG