Old March 14th 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: NGC 3938 From Colorado Springs

Thanks Rick... I like the 30 min. subs because I don't need so many
sub-exposures to process and there are a lot less readouts for the total
image time.

I think that dust lane is in towards the core too.

Satellite and aircraft have not been a problem... my small FOV reduces the
chance of seeing them... but I process the trails out if I get them.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

Doug W. wrote:

The second image of the night had FWHM at 3.0"

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc3938.htm

Another interesting one. I like that inner dust band. At first I though
it on the far side but in the full size image it obviously goes in front
of the nucleus. Neat.

How do you keep satellites out of your long sub exposures? Seems half my
attempts at 30 minutes have a satellite trail. I must attract those guys.

Rick