Old August 8th 16, 10:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Popping shuttle tires

bob haller wrote:

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 3:10:07 AM UTC-4, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:15:54 PM UTC-4, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/m...5-43199-7.html

Interesting stuff here on testing for the shuttle program.

i tractor trailer immediately in front me me had one of its tires explode the other day. it sounded like a bomb went off, my van rocked a bit.

commercial vehicles need pressure and temperature monitoring. it could of caused a accident

You don't seem to understand what causes blowouts...

low tire pressure, is one possible cause. the pressure gets low, the tire overheats and bam, tire failure

a poorly designed tire, that wasnt assembled well. i once had a brand new tire go bam on the turnpike the same day it was installed.sears replaced it for free.

a tire thats gone thru too many potholes espically if the driver hits the brake when they see the pothole. tire frozen in place, damaging force much worse.

stay off the brake when you see a pothole

With commercial trucks it's usually just wear and tear. Require all
the additional expense you want, but it won't do anything but raise
the price of everything shipped by truck (pretty much everything).

territory."
--G. Behn