Old April 19th 21, 03:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default Pyramids-How Were They Built and What Do They Serve - Extraterrestrial Knowledge

palsing wrote:
On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 8:07:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
palsing wrote:

Let's review again what if/then means.

If A then B means:
if A is true then B must be true.
If A is false then B may or may not be true.
If B is true then is says nothing about A.
If B is false then A must be false.

We can generate the contra-positive from the above by negating and
reversing A and B. IOW "if A then B" is logically the same as "if not
B then not A".

A classical fallacy is to "reverse the if" and believe that "if A then
B" means the same as "if B then A".

Review done.

Olber's Paradox is roughly
- We think the universe is infinite
- If the universe is infinite then we should see stars/light in all directions
- We do not see stars in all directions

This does not mean if we see light in all directions it implies
anything. If A "the universe is infinite" is false OP says nothing
about whether we expect to see light in all directions or not.

The fact that the apparent finitude of the universe -- we can see 50
GLY out to the end of the "Dark Age" around 13 GY ago -- resolves OP
because it simply refutes the first point. (You seem to have started
out citing this yourself, but then decided you don't believe it.
Classic hillbilly .
The fact we see a CMB from all directions is just an ironical not logical
point. The belief in an infinite universe is old and problematic.

Infinity is problematic because many clues tell us the universe -- at
least the part of "creation" with the set of properties that allow
physics and life as we know it to operate -- is finite. It's been
estimated a m3 of space can be in 10^(10^70) possible configurations
of matter and energy. Not an infinite number of ways.

So an infinite universe must repeat the same m3 of space an infinite
number of times. Ditto km3. Or any size. So there must be an infinite
number of Earths that look identical to Earth at this second.
And this second. And this second. But there are also an infinitude
that look as it did in the 18th century. Or any century. Or as depicted
in many books of fiction. Any realistic possibility. An infinite number
of times.

A much smaller i.e. finite universe could incorporate all possible
configurations of matter & energy upto a certain size exactly once.
Like a 3d or 4d construction similar to Champernowne's Number (one of the
simplest "normal numbers" that contains every possible sequence of digits).

Nutty stuff.

So is saying the universe is "obviously infinite".

Or accepting the universe should be pumping out MWs of star power
over earth 24/7.