Old July 24th 03, 11:30 AM
OM

Default Big bang question - Dumb perhaps

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:51:38 -0400, "Ami A. Silberman"
wrote:

Second, the Big Bang wasn't (according to current theory)
an explosion in the traditional sense of some large object going BOOM!
and scattering debris. There really isn't a "thing that exploded".
Instead, the "big bang" is a characterization of the early period of the
universe as being hot, with rapid expansion ("hyperinflation", where the
size is increasing faster than the speed of light.)

....One recent theory that seems to solve the problem of hyperinflation
is that the universe as we know it exists between two other
dimensional planes that contacted one another over a vast area and as
matter and anti-matter they produced enough annihilation energy to
force back the two planes and provide enough room for the primordial
soup to congeal into the universe we live in. It's also spawned a
religiocosmological model where God/Yahweh/Roddenberry/etc didn't say
"Let There Be Light", but rather went "Clap On clap!"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr