Old September 21st 18, 05:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

Chris L Peterson wrote in
:

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 08:47:38 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:

I imply that religions are mostly "Just so" stories invented
by desert dwelling nomads telling each other stories around
the camp fire. They have no significance beyond being good
memorable foundation myths.

And that is your religious faith, and like all religious faith,
is your bigotry.

Which goes to show you don't know what "religious" means, you
don't know what "faith" means, and you don't know what "bigotry"
means.

I know you don't. But then, you're a Chris, so you don't know much
of anything.

I am *NOT* an atheist. I am a hard line agnostic.

So you believe in a deity of some sort?

So we can add "agnostic" to the list of words you don't know the
definition of.

I don't believe you. Though it is novel to redefine "agnostic"
to cover atheism. Usually, it's the other way around.

True agnosticism has nothing to do with atheism There are
agnostic atheists and there are agnostic theists. Agnosticism
has to do with the knowability of the question, it has nothing
to do with belief.

And here you are in conflict with what you said up above. What a
maroon.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland: