Old February 10th 06, 10:25 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Default Enormous hole around moon on 09/02/06

"starman" wrote in message ...
Hi everybody

Tonight in clear skies I saw an enormous 'hole' around the moon.

The hole was kilometres wide and was perfectly spherical in shape, at
the 'edge' of this 'hole' there was a 'thick halo'. I have never seen
anything like this and attempted to get a picture as a record, but to
no avail.

I currently live in Ukraine, and the 'hole' was visible there at 9.30
CET

Does anybody know of an event like this, if so, what was the 'hole',
how was it created etc.

Did it look something like this?