Old February 10th 06, 10:25 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Default Enormous hole around moon on 09/02/06

starman wrote:

:Hi everybody
:
:Tonight in clear skies I saw an enormous 'hole' around the moon.
:
:The hole was kilometres wide and was perfectly spherical in shape, at
:the 'edge' of this 'hole' there was a 'thick halo'. I have never seen
:anything like this and attempted to get a picture as a record, but to
:no avail.
:
:I currently live in Ukraine, and the 'hole' was visible there at 9.30
:CET
:
oes anybody know of an event like this, if so, what was the 'hole',
:how was it created etc.

Ice crystals in the upper atmosphere, probably.

--
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed
and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks