Old January 26th 19, 07:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Watching Mercury today

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 12:09:00 AM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
Gerald Kelleher wrote:

https://www.theplanetstoday.com/

So you’ve finally realised. You have given a link to a site which
demonstrates perfectly that from the point of view of the Sun there are no
retrogrades.

You surprise me, you affirmed that the stars would proceed from an evening appearance to morning appearance or from left to right of the Sun as a consequence of the Earth's orbital motion yet went into full reverse after this..

I am fully aware who's work I am adding to as the first Sun centred astronomers hadn't the tools to screen out stellar circumpolar motion nor the Sun's glare but here you have satellite imaging which does exactly that.

The timelapse from the year 2000 is spectacular as the faster and slower moving planets come and go -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L74B98ITKEA&t=170s

Give credit to the engineers who built and operate the satellite if that is what you wish and explain how it manages to remove the limitations of the central Sun's glare and the Earth's daily rotation.