Old September 9th 17, 07:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Mount prices continue to rise

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 16:47:44 -0700 (PDT), Davoud
wrote:
I think, it's a lot to do with computer technology, sensors, auto

compens=
ate for mechanical errors, tracking, backlash, even on a cheaper

made mounts.
Cheaper digital cameras have anti shake compensation now days too.

Not an astrophotographer, I see. Image stabilization is built into

lenses, =
not cameras.

A user of only Canon and/or Nikon digital cameras I see - they do
indeed have image stabilization in the lenses. Other brands can have
image stabilization in the camera bodies instead. Finally, a camera
must include both the camera body and a lens - if either is missing,
you won't be able to capture any images. Also note that a
photographer says "lens" even when the image forming element is one
or several mirrors.