Old September 9th 17, 06:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Mount prices continue to rise

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 19:47:47 UTC-4, Davoud wrote:
StarDust:
I think, it's a lot to do with computer technology, sensors, auto compensate for mechanical errors, tracking, backlash, even on a cheaper made mounts.
Cheaper digital cameras have anti shake compensation now days too.

Not an astrophotographer, I see. Image stabilization is built into lenses, not cameras. It is intended to be switched off when the camera is on a tripod.

Well, tell it to Sony, Olympus (best stabilization of any camera) and Pentax, they all have it in-camera. Also, you don't need to turn off stabilization on the tripod now, it won't impact it the way it did in the past. Also, Pentax has astronomical object tracking incorporated into their cameras and it is effective to a point, though not yet as good as a good mounting tracking.