Old April 14th 09, 07:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default NASA to unveil space station name on Colbert show

From Dr J R Stockton:
The module may now become burdened with the name of a second-rate self-
publicist, when it could have been named after, for example, the famous
European astrodynamicist Moriarty.

Second-rate? Stephen Colbert, along with Jon Stewart, have redefined
hard hitting critical news reporting. They go where the other media
outlets are too afraid to tread.

Daily/Colbert has been my primary news source for years now. They
have a razor sharp analysis that gets to the point much quicker than
other sources, if those other outlets ever get there at all.

While I would agree with you in questioning how appropriate it is for
NASA to name Node 3 after Colbert, you might want to reconsider how
much fault of this belongs to NASA for setting up this voting process
that is easy to predict how much dignity it would maintain.

Also in the top 10 write ins:
- MyYearbook
- SocialVibe
- Ubuntu