Old September 26th 03, 04:30 AM
Alan W. Craft

Default Nightmare!

On 25 Sep 2003 14:50:11 -0700, (Chris.B) ...reflected:

Alan W. Craft wrote in message . ..
My FS-102 finally arrived, but it wasn't an FS-102!

It was an FS-78, or some other 80mm scope!

The entire tube was coated and smeared with black grease,
as was the objective!

I was furious!

Alan

Funnily enough, only last night I dreamt I found an identical 6" f/8
refractor OTA to my own in a flea-market. My wife kept urging me to
buy it to make a big bino.

I take it that you've seen the ads, too.

I kept worrying whether it was well corrected and had no way to do
any optical tests on the spot. I got so frustrated in the end that I woke
myself up! Argh!

That's what's supposed to happen...

....the wasp must never sting, lest we die!

Alan