Old November 19th 20, 09:15 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default So then how would a matrix simulator work?

So then when you get your own galaxy if you get one you can do things your way also perhaps, but knowing how to update a simulator interface withe AI carry AI in your head and all of things I have had to endure here to salvage this data which only a special ops Anunnaki could ever hope to manage, see the Matrix movies for more details.

The Time Machine from 1995 to 2015 has so much data in it when you stop to consider the population and all the things people have made and done.

So to make a library that 20 years alone is such a huge project that it will take a long time to catalog and use things in it.
Now whatever the most recent backup is when I leave is the one that has the most new toys but not much of it is really useful to me.

Lets say supercars get better, electric cars get better battery technology solar panels possibly computers Ipads Iphones I watches and cameras.

So that sort of thing is still of interest in terms on good hardware.
But here people just mess with programming far too much for it to be useful to me.

So what I use is 2003 server and stripped down completely of all the stuff that was in it that I don't need.
The less crap the less you have to fix it. Life is not about fighting with screens to get something out of the library life is visual.

So you see a thing in Time Stretch Earth you like, then you copy it.
And so the programming to accomplish that is done and works and the browser does not need to be updated a million times it just has to display multimedia and text.
Here the only toy and job creation program seems to be the web browser so many many millions of cooks are trying hard to spoil the broth.

So in my galaxy the system is in black boxes and its more like screens with images and choices and not so much about filling in forms.
But when you work for the library then you need to describe the item you have put in the library so that search engines and database filters can find it.
And well forms are tedious but once done the item is in there and can be easily accessed so it is well worth the effort to do it right.

Beyond that, the system is about going on holidays, so it is really about just enjoying life and using a simple system that has doors and you address those doors and people use the doors and real worlds are behind the doors.

Such that your handprint and doors open and so no username no password this is a transporter granted it uses a computer but the user of the transporter only needs to know you put your hand here you choose a door on a map.

So unless you work in engineering or some facet of admin you are not really concerned at all what the thing does or how it does it.
Imagine your big TV screen sized monitor and a touch screen, so swipe go back a year swipe go forward find the door, ok, so then maybe watch a video about it or read the little popup as you hover a mouse over it it says 1999 where they partied like there was no tomorrow. This door gets you to Times Square so the screen inside the door when you enter.

So ok you say awesome connect to that door go in and here is your help system for 1999 it might be a holotube or a screen with a talking CGI character but it would tell you that the dress people wear looks like this, they speak English, Time Square is this and it shows you some real film of what it looks like and then you can go into the secret door all set you have the cash you need what about ID?

So you see here the library has a lot of work to do to get any user ID for 1999 New York City.
But eventually the system has to be set up like that so that a billion years from now a tourist can take that same route, stand there get the info, know what to do and then go in and enjoy it.

So the library has to make it into almost a package tour.
So that the user, goes into the transporter picks a date and then selects a door, goes into enjoy some fun.

So that's not like me going in sneaking around playing Ground Hog day managing my own reset watch and trying to score and get laid.

You would need to train for that maybe.
If you are not familiar with how to go around without ID what to say what not to say what you can do what you can;t do well what if you get stopped and don't have a reset watch because 1000 other people are in the machine with you since it is a public system.
So you might have to just wait for the reset and then you exit by being pasted into your transporter.
So everyone who is a citizen at my place they have their own transporter in their train or on their island.

So it is always safe to send them there or to their island to their rest spot on the beach on a beach towel.

Making things user friendly from a user perspective means making things more mechanical and visual.
Self explanatory.

We have lessons from movies like Time Machine where it can get confusing. And even the technology in the library it managed to continue to survive but in rough condition.
But he had an AI that spoke English could answer questions if he was Chinese well then you are screwed so visual buttons and pictures are going to make the system last and last.

So the hand print scanner looks like a handprint scanner with fingers spread.

Even if you are from elsewhere never seen one your hand goes there. That's how it has to be and anyone can use it and they do take it for granted and just put their hand it works push a button open door and that's it since in their mind they are going from A to B and it needs not prevent them from doing what they are doing nor even so much as cause them to forget what was on their mind as they walked through.
Almost a subconscious effort to use.
An elevator is a device that works very similarly.
So right now in my family of course everyone uses a computer here and they will there too but life is surf boards roller skates, wind surfing horse back riding and you can't evolve past all the fun just by using the Internet.

Even though there is a ton of stuff that can be done using conscious cams and all manner of things but really keeping it simple putting things in black boxes, so that you push a button is done what you want you can't improve on that, not even with a mental interface or glasses or laser pointers etc.
So there are no AI in that system.

Only the users on holidays.
And no need for AI since everything works at the push of a button and is automated to reset so it never needs to be fixed, is always brand new, and always clean, and always safe.
We maintain admin but that is done by me, in the airship, and no need to keep ****ing with it, it works and it is to support life, and it does that and so it doesn't need bells and whistles of any kind.

Those are in Time Stretch Earth, every party you might want to attend to do any sort of ballroom dancing or you name it it is here.
You want a certain type of community they are in here.

So eventually people will be able to stay in for as much as 20 years but you need to look at two very important ststistics.

How long does a marriage last?
How long does a friendship last?

8.4 years
4.2 to 7 years.

That's not eternity and immortals live much longer than that.
You cannot ignore a statistic as important as that one.