Old October 13th 07, 02:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
Matt Wiser

Default President Ron Paul might let the Space Shuttle flying beyond 2010. :-)

Craig Fink wrote:

I'd pay more attention to someone who's more than 3% in the polls, anyway. Besides,
private industry is interested in projects where there's money to be made, not in science
missions. And you think a university (Cal Tech-JPL, or Johns Hopkins-which controls New
Horizons) is going to be able to afford launch fees, not to mention everything else, to send
a probe to Mars, Jupiter, or any other solar system destination? I think not. Like it or not
(and I do), NASA's the way we're going back to the moon and on to mars. Stay here on
Earth and get out of the way with the rest of the Luddites.