Old March 21st 06, 07:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy

Default Moonbase Power

Eric Chomko; Yeah, that's right, we want to give Guth enough nuclear power
to save mankind. How long would it take for him to sell it after he realizes
he is clueless on how to use it? And who would he sell it too?

What's to know about? I'd thought energy-in = energy-out X Eff. As
far as I know, there's not a soul on the moon to sell anything to, so
whom exactly are you talking about or the least bit concerned that I
might actually sell energy to those Islamic types or rather to the
Chinese that'll soon be creating the one and only LSE-CM/ISS ????

We'll be lucky to get an RTG for use with the next "super" rover going to
Mars.

I totally agree, though rather as to what a pathetic waste of otherwise
perfectly good plutonium that we could put directly into our newest and
improved WMD, and of getting those items as LEO nukes in space so that
you and your LLPOF warlord friends can exterminate the remainders of
all those nasty Muslims in the near future, and/or for accommodating
your other hidden adgenda of taking over Canada seems a whole lot more
doable.

Didn't the leak part of the battery in Antarctica bother you a little?

Not really because, even them Russian reactors of being similar in
compactness are going to be better off than anything we've created.
And besides, it's already so damn reactive and otherwise nasty on the
moon that it a perfectly good place to use our resident warlord's "so
what's the difference" policy, and just go for it.

Perhaps a nuclear reactor that's all inclusive of being worth 10t/MW
seems worthy for the initial moon base of nighttime/earthshine
operations, as suggested by the following advancement in "Small Nuclear
Power Reactors" (especially of those units using He or just good old
Hydrogen as their thermal energy transfer):
http://www.uic.com.au/nip60.htm
-
Brad Guth