Old May 25th 04, 10:23 PM
Rod Mollise

Default mid 80's White Custom built C8

$1000 seems like a lot of money for mid 80s SCT when one sees LX-90's for
$1200.

Hi Jon:

Ouch! I missed the "mid 80s" statement in his post. I thought he was referring
to the 60s Celestron-Pacific blue and white C8! I guess that when I see "white
tube" and "Celestron" my mind glazes over (pulse quickens, palms get sweaty,
etc., etc. :-)).

If this one is from the 80s, I'd guess that, yes, it was one of these
Australian scopes, maybe one that passed through Vixen's hands at some time
(they bought OEM scopes from Celestron, but liked 'em white).

In this case...500 - 600 maybe. If the optics are OK.

;-(

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html