Old December 23rd 06, 07:24 AM posted to sci.space.station
George[_1_]

Default A Toxic Leak Haunts the Shuttle Crew

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"snidely" wrote:

Derek Lyons wrote:
"snidely" wrote:

[...]
I quote myself since you seem to have missed it the first time around:

properties of ammonia."

If we're arguing about whether anhydrous ammonia belongs in a group of
substances that should be labvelled toxic, then yes we are talking
about the properties of ammonia.

No. We, or at least I, am discussing the replacement (in popular
usage) of a broad selection of words with the single word 'toxic'.
Like I said (repeating myself for a third time), go back to the top of
this subthread.

D.

--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Derek. The terms "toxic" and "toxicity" have been in use for a very long
time in emergency management and many other fields in reference to certain
hazardous chemicals such as ammonia. That usage is not likely to change
anytime soon just because you have a personal problem with it. Get over
it.

George