Old July 26th 06, 04:41 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
rkremser

Default Please recommend software for star tracking

Hello, I am very new to this and very intrested. I came across
heavens-above and love how you enter your location and you are given
coordinates in the sky of where the events will be in refrence to your
location.
I was wondering if there is software avaliable so that I could get
coordinates of stars based on my location and the time. This may be very
easy but again I am just getting into this and any suggestions are welcome.
Ideally I would be able to get these corrdinates for the stars without an
active internet connection for a database. Thanks in advance,
rkremser