Old February 9th 21, 05:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Rick C. Hodgin

Default So Where Are The Aliens ?

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 05:19:53 -0800 (PST)
George Stone wrote:
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 12:25:10 PM UTC-5, Rick C. Hodgin
wrote:
On 1/12/21 9:32 AM, wrote:
Considering the vast number of likely planets in the infinite
universe, it is logical to assume that intelligent life would
have evolved on many of these. Yet we are never visited by any
aliens, which perhaps is not surprising considering the vast mind
bogling distances, but also interestingly the universe is also
eerily silent so far. Not the slightest peep of radio
transmissions etc. Makes me wounder why. Other thoughts ?

1) Life didn't evolve. It was created by God.
2) It's not feasible that we are the only people in the universe.
3) If you look at Revelation, the New Jerusalem that descends out
of Heaven is a cube. A perfect cube 1,200 miles on a side with 12
foundations, which may be like 12 floors on a large office
building, meaning each floor is around 100 miles high. It has doors
only on the sides (east, north, west, south), not the top or
bottom, and three on each side. The Bible describes our world being
harvested at the end of the age (a crop of man, so to speak).

If you use what God has given us on this Earth like a guide, and
you recognize that we have fields and farmers and crops that are
harvested, and they all come together in central grain storage
areas, then it may be that all of the solar systems out there are
like ours, growing up a crop of man. And there would be other kinds
also which are not for those like us.

It's a possibility.

-----
But regardless, aliens do not exist. They would be demons that are
deceiving people. The Bible is replete with lying demons. It does
not mention aliens one time, and is not part of our experience here
on this Earth. It makes for good Sci-Fi, but is not real.

I urge you all to go to the Bible for yourself and study these
things. God has given us scientific, reasoning minds for a reason.
They are not to abandon God in our thinking and consideration of
things. We are to include God and actually let Him lead us by what
He has revealed.

The rest is pure speculation.

And I caution each of you: There is an absolute enemy of God at
work in this world. Evil spirits. Invisible to our eyes, but you
can see them at work in people, by ideas, by tempting certain
people to be evil and do things, and it's not just like Hitler
evil, but also those who would divorce their spouse, be deceitful,
cause harm to others, be belittling, etc. All of these things are
contrary to God and God's teachings. They are the influence of the
enemy against us in this world. They push ideas and thoughts and
feelings and emotions into our flesh. The only way to combat them
is by turning to God, asking Jesus to forgive your sin, being born
again of the spirit (John 3), and then having the new spirit nature
which is then able to recognize and understand spiritual things,
dividing their lying spirit guidance from God's true spirit
guidance, which is present in the Bible throughout, but cannot be
understood in that way without first being forgiven for sins and
gaining your own spirit to discern them.

It all sounds complex and unreasonable at first, but go through it
in steps:

1) Do you have sin (by God's standards)?
2) You need to be forgiven. Jesus was given us for that reason.
3) Ask Him to forgive you.
4) Watch your life rewrite itself from the inside out.

That's the power of the spirit at work in your life. It's why new
Christians change so much. But the enemy regroups and comes back,
which is why you must follow-through and stay in church and stay
close to the word your new spirit can understand.

God has so much to reveal to us. We see only as through a glass
darkly presently. But He has promised to show us everything on the
other side.

If any of you have questions or would like help, please email me.

How old are you, 12?

51. I came to faith in Christ from atheism in 2004. I wasn't
expecting to, by the way. I wanted to know the truth though. I wanted
to know if what the Bible said was true, so I set my sights on reading
about it, learning about it, to come to a true understanding of what it
said at face value, so I could then discount it on authority, being
able to prove it was wrong.

When I set my sights on truly knowing the truth, and pressed in, Jesus
came to meet me where I was (in my pursuit of truth) and saved me.

It happened before I knew what happened, by the way. It took me weeks
before I could accept it. But the change is real. The new spirit
nature + flesh is different than the flesh-only. You can know things
and understand things differently as spirit + flesh than you can
flesh-only.

I don't write these things from a place of lunacy or trying to mock
this group of make fun of the people here. I've come to know there
really is a God, and that His name is Jesus. He really does save
people from sin, and when He does that new changed life is changed from
the inside. A complete re-wiring.

If you have sin ask Jesus to forgive you and see your life change. And
like you never knew was possible, because to the flesh-only it wasn't
possible. It requires the new spirit nature to experience it.

--
Rick C. Hodgin