Old April 27th 17, 12:04 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default McDonnell's "advanced Mercury" ideas don't seem to be recorded well.

In article ,
says...

The one-man space station appears to be notes in various other documents and it exists on the web only as a partial set of a few pages. The 1959 McD proposals for an advanced Mercury become visible only after careful study of the chronology and in one CR (300+ pages) that NASA chose to publish.

I keep feeling there must be more out there.

Have you searched NTRS?

Jeff