Old November 4th 03, 07:07 AM
Alan W. Craft

Default I decided on a...

On 3 Nov 2003 22:20:23 -0800, (David Knisely) wrote:

Alan W. Craft wrote in message . ..
...barlow, at last:

The 2.8x Klee.

It'll correct the coma, what little there'll
be, in my Parks!

Just kidding, though there have been
claims to that effect; however, it is
nonetheless reputed to be one of the
best barlows for the faster of focal ratios.

Alan

Well, it probably won't have any effect on true coma. Most of the
"effect" reported by others is actually a reduction in the amount of
visible edge-of-field astigmatism produced by many eyepieces when used
at shorter f/ratios. The Klee is a decent Barlow and you should be
fairly happy with it. Clear skies to you.

I had to start somewhere, as I anticipate owning, at the very
least, two more before the...

"Madness! MADNESS!!!" - James Donald

....subsides.

I'd LOVE a 2.5x "Powermate," but the price...

....and the new Takahashi barlow hasn't a single review to go by,
not to mention its cost.

Alan