Old February 11th 19, 09:56 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default A fresh start

These nuisances must believe I am desperate for conversation so they come here fresh from a science fiction group or their video games and won't leave the descriptions untouched which is the real nuisance. They should heed the advice of bullies and stay clear but often the completely hapless don't have the discipline that adults have and basically scribble graffiti on a thread in the same way vandals and thugs would on physical property.

That being said, this is an unmoderated forum where people are responsible for their own discipline and generally it has worked out over the years so there is now little crossover from the concerns of theorists and magnification hobbyists and what I do - that is the way it should be and hard earned over the years.

It is great that this newsgroup exists as a conduit for an astronomy that has yet to come into its own. We can now see what goes on in the inner solar system with a stationary Sun and though vastly different from the motions of Jupiter's satellites around their parent planet, the motion of Mercury in the present timelapse from right to left will eventually return as a motion from left to right in a number of weeks -

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data...current_c3.gif

This is not an exercise of throwing valuable information after bad, the imaging exists free and clear of any distortion introduced by empirical theorists nor any deficiency on my part - the analogy of the motion of Mercury above is found in timelapses of moons around their parent planet -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZEgoJasPQ&t=91s

Let the dogs bark away, that is all they are good for but among those who genuinely have a feeling for our solar system, they can look out in the direction of the Sun and know these things happen.