Old August 30th 18, 12:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default All New For NASA

In article ,
says...

It becomes simpler to refit the bare shell as cargo with fewer comonents
that require less testing to recertifty for flight.

That's not how it works. There is a lot of commonality between crewed
and cargo versions.

That's my understanding. Conversion to cargo configuration will involve
taking out the seats, crew consoles, life support, and etc. Essentially
it means unbolting, unplugging, and removing components that simply
aren't needed.

This would be akin to me pulling the middle bad back row seats out of my
2013 Toyota minivan when I need to move things that are long. the
middle row seats are designed to be easily removed. The rear seats,
which can fold down into the floor, can be removed by a determined owner
who has a socket set and maybe an hour's worth of "free time". ;-)

Jeff