Old April 4th 09, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

Default NK booster/missile design

"Alan Erskine" wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
hdakotatelephone...

It's supposed to use clustered Scud engines as well as one from a SA-2
Guideline SAM in the upper stage.

Well.... if it works.....

Australia spends over $100 million per year on Antarctic programs; with that
much, we would have a satellite in three years (about 30kg - launched by the
Ausroc IV which has already been designed by a group of 'amatures' from ASRI
[Australian Space Research Institute]). In ten years, we would have a 2
tonne LEO launcher - probes to the Moon; Mars; Venus and asteroid belts....

$100 million spent here would boost the economy several times over; with
increases in the aerospace and electronics industries in particular, as well
as the education system. Not to mention the international prestige it would
bring to an already well-respected nation.

Well, unless Australia is very unusual, the vast majority of the $100
million spent on Antartic programs is spent right there in Australia
and should bring a considerable boost to the economy - after all $100
million is $100 million.

But you don't mention that somehow.

Which means all you're really doing is trying to find a basis,
howsoever slender, to fill your own fanboy rice bowl. You don't
actually care about economic benefits.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.