Old April 4th 09, 01:39 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Default NK booster/missile design

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

It's supposed to use clustered Scud engines as well as one from a SA-2
Guideline SAM in the upper stage.

Well.... if it works.....

Australia spends over $100 million per year on Antarctic programs; with that
much, we would have a satellite in three years (about 30kg - launched by the
Ausroc IV which has already been designed by a group of 'amatures' from ASRI
[Australian Space Research Institute]). In ten years, we would have a 2
tonne LEO launcher - probes to the Moon; Mars; Venus and asteroid belts....

$100 million spent here would boost the economy several times over; with
increases in the aerospace and electronics industries in particular, as well
as the education system. Not to mention the international prestige it would
bring to an already well-respected nation.