Old January 18th 11, 05:27 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Dan Birchall[_3_]

Default Galaxy cluster at 1100 million years after BB

(jacob navia) wrote:
NASA publishes the discovery of a galaxy cluster at 12.6 billion light
years:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2011-013
&cid=release_2011-013&msource=11013&tr=y&auid=7616512

I noticed this release (and several copies of it on science news
web sites) but have been unable to find the actual paper(s) behind
it all.

The articles mention that the telescope I operate was used for part
of the research, so I'm of course curious about which of our
instruments was used.

I know the Subaru/XMM-Newton Deep Survey uses our prime-focus camera
(SuprimeCam), but I think their field is in Cetus, while this one
is in Sextans.

Anybody got a link to the paper(s)?

--
djb@ | Dan Birchall - Observation System Associate - Subaru Telescope.
naoj | Views I express are my own, certainly not those of my employer.