Old January 12th 11, 10:39 PM posted to sci.astro.research
jacob navia[_5_]

Default Galaxy cluster at 1100 million years after BB

NASA publishes the discovery of a galaxy cluster at 12.6 billion light
years:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cf...y&auid=7616512

It has a central black hole of approx 30 million suns. Our own
galaxy has a central BH with only 2.6 million sun masses.
(from http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0226/)

Now, 1.1 billion years is a VERY short time for a cluster.
Our own galaxy does 4 revolutions in that time only, imagine
building a CLUSTER of galaxies in that time.

Bsides, supposing that the black hole started growing immediately
after the big bang, it should have been eating 0.2727 sun masses a
year to achieve that mass... without interruption.

I remember when people told everyone that no cluster of galaxies
would be discovered beyond 7 billion years. Then it was 9, later
was 10.

Now we are at 12.6.